15 May 2019
International Transport Co-ordinator/ Planner
Take the next step in your career and grow with us
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our International freight forwarding company as International Transport coordinator/ planner in our Normanton Office.
The role encompasses coordinating and planning our Nordic fleet of trailers on an import/ export basis throughout the UK. This role is an exciting and challenging position that plays a pivotal part in the success of the department. The role is 40% transport planning and 60% coordination of fleet and associated import/ export requirements and would ideally suit somebody with previous transport planning experience and excellent attention to detail.
- Assign import loads to fleet.
- Plan export loads in conjunction with freight forwarders and ensure all trailers meet scheduled departures.
- Liaise with national and international colleagues to advise of departures/ arrivals.
- Ensure accuracy of ferry bookings and documentation.
- Check driver locations using trackers, email and phone.
- To update colleagues on progress of collections & deliveries.
- Internally cost all vehicles on a weekly basis.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to carry out other activities within your capabilities.
Skills, qualifications and educational requirements:
- Excellent IT skills required including Microsoft office.
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths & English.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience working in a similar environment.
- Ability to work under pressure & cope during high volume peaks.
- Good team player with ability to work on individual tasks.
- Ambitious with a view to progress within the company.
- Demonstrates a cooperative spirit and contributes to a positive and supportive working environment.
- Is customer-focused and ensures the right outcome for our customer.
- Responds to requests on time and in the right way.
- Thinks in terms of solutions not problems.
- Takes initiative and offers assistance to team members.
- Has a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Accepts customer and colleague feedback and takes action to resolve issues.
- Understands to importance of achieving team goals and contributes/initiates solutions.
- Has a planned approach to work with a successful outcome.
- Looks for development opportunities outside the scope of the role.
We can offer:
- A positive busy working environment.
- Workplace pension.
- 25 days holiday.
- Full-time, permanent position with a growing international company.
- Salary: £24,000.00 /year.
LEMAN Group employs over 100 staff across 5 depots in the UK operating all modes including Road / Sea & Airfreight, Project and logistics. The UK has seen major growth in recent years and we expect this trend to continue. We believe that people are our strongest asset.
If you find the position attractive, we encourage you to send your application and CV immediately to Jill Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact:
HR Business Partner at LEMAN UK
T: +44 (0) 1924 921280
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics.
The company is still growing and employs approximately 800 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States.
LEMAN has a total disposal of 85,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website